Friday, June 19, 2009

First Updt: Battle of the Bulge

When Gengish Khan, emitting a bloodcurdling cry, raised his sword, to attack the Khwarezmain army, did the sharp blade come loose at the hilt and fall to the ground?

When King Jong-il launched the nuclear test missile, did its chemical rocket engine, unfortunately, break down and the missile stayed where it was, dead and defunct?

Or When Kate and John Gosselin or Heidi and Spencer Pratt decided to star in a reality show, did the cameras suddenly self combust?

Then why, oh why, just as I was about to commence on something so positive, a personal and full-scale offensive in my very own Battle of the Bulge (much less bloodier than the original of 16th December, 1944) did my body’s immunity become a traitor?

Yes ladies, sorry to say I have the bug! And it aint boogie-ing alone, it's come with a damn entourage: fever, phlegm and of course the back breaking body ache.

Anyhow, groaning in the bed, with my nose super glued to a box of Kleenex, my resolution to win the battle, shall persevere. The good news is that my hand is reaching out more for water and less for coffee, and soda or as I call it ‘fizzy fat’.

I have, as some of my blog readers and my research suggested, been eating regular and small meals. I am, instead of sugar-laden juices, actually managing to stuff some fruit in my mouth. ‘Wheat and not white’ is my new tat.

Soon, I shall hit, or drag myself to the gym and start . . . slow, but start for sure. Therefore all is not lost!

Do not be disheartened for me, because I am not. There is so much determination that lil roadblocks like a 101F fever is like the fly President Obama , recently, ‘swatted’ to eternal peace or should I say piece?

Abientot!

PS: you know what worked better than the red and blue (stars I was already seeing in my striped flannels-get it?) pills of Tylenol and Aleve was reading all the posts and emails from friends/readers. Almost everyone had a war tale to share. Thank you and keep postin & sharin! Till the next update! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment